This is a old recipe my Mum passed on to me
- and it's still as good today as it was then.
(makes approx 20)
This is one of Wendy's Recipes
2 1/2oz (75g) Lard
1 1/2oz (45g) Margarine
3oz Caster Sugar
5oz Self Raising Flour
1 teaspoon ov Vanilla Essence
Some Rolled Oats in a bowl
Glace Cherries to decorate
1 Baking Tray
1 Mixing Bowl
1. Preheat the oven to 190C (380F) Gas Mark 5.
2. Place Lard, Margarine and Sugar into the bowl, and cream.
3. Beat in the egg.
4. Work in the flour and essence.
5. Using wet hands roll the mixture into balls about the size of
6. Dip into the bowl of Rolled Oats to coat.
7. Place on greased tray and press down slightly.
8. Decorate each biscuit with 1/2 glace cherry.
9. Bake at 380F for about 15 minutes, these biscuits are best removed
while still fairly pale gold.
10. Cool slightly on tray before removing.
These biscuits are best eaten quickly before the children see that they