Something for the kids when they are in gannet mode
This is one of Wendy's Recipes
6oz (180g) Margarine or Butter
6oz (180g) Brown Sugar
8oz (210g) Rolled Oats
1 tablespoon golden syrup
Small pinch of Salt
12 inch x 9 inch baking tray 1 Mixing Bowl Baking Parchment
1. Line the baking tray - (mine is an old toffee tray !) with baking
parchment. Pre Heat the oven to 170C.
2. Put the margarine and sugar into the mixing bowl, and cream together.
3. Stir in the syrup, the rolled oats, and the pich of salt.
4. Turn the mixture into the lined baking tray, and spread it evenly.
5. Place in the preheated oven and bake for about 30 minutes - until
6. Place the tray of flapjack onto a wire cooling rack. While still fairly
warm, cut the flapjack into small segments.(This is impossible to do when it is cold)
7. When cold break apart, and feed the kids, and husband.
I usually cut mine in half lengthwise then across, to make about 20
(A suggestion from Nicole Walker)
My nan used to melt chocolate and spread it on top.
Just makes it taste that bit better.